Whistler Hostel Alternatives You Can Afford!
Whistler hostel accommodation can be fun - until you want to sleep, or brush your teeth, or take a shower.....you get the drift. Skip the sleepless nights and wake up refreshed. Be alert and ready for the whole reason you ventured to Whistler - to ride!
Whistler Hostel vs. Direct Condo/House Rentals - Price Comparison
Your number one reason for visiting Whistler isn't for the accommodation. You want to spend money on the fun things like lift tickets and nights on the town. You've decided on one of the hostels in Whistler because you do need a place to sleep and you want it to be cheap.
The Whistler hostel isn't always the cheapest when you travel in a group. Split the cost of a direct, private Whistler accommodation rental amoungst your group. Gasp in amazement at how much more you'll get for the same or even less!
Private Whistler Condo/House Rentals
Arts Hostel,2.5 km bus ride from Whistler Village, $25/night pp winter rate. Sleep 4 - 5 people to a room.
Studio & 1 Bedroom units sleeping up to 4 starting at $120/night TOTAL for March dates. Stay in Whistler Village North or at Blackcomb Base for as low as $30/night pp!
HI Whistler Hostel, 15-20 min bus ride to lifts, 5 trips daily - $28-32/night pp winter rate. Sleep 4+ people to a room.
One bedroom units sleeping up to 4 people starting at $109/night TOTAL in January. Stay at the Creekside Gondola Base for as low as $27.25/night pp!
UBC Whistler Lodge, 3km bus ride from Whistler Village, $24-40/night pp (plus extra for bedding). Sleep 2 - 4 per "room" separated by a curtain.
Two bedroom units sleeping up to 6 or 7 people starting at $99/night TOTAL for early December dates. Stay in Whistler Village North for as low as $15/night pp!
Southside Lodge, Creekside - $35/night pp winter rate. Sleep 4 - 6 to a room.
Three bedroom units sleeping up to 8 people starting at $175/night TOTAL for early April dates. Stay on Blackcomb Mountain for as low as $22/night pp!
*Please note: Private Whistler Condo/House Rental rates listed above are true representations of alluraDirect.com site availability as of June 8, 2009. Try your own Whistler accommodation search now to see current rates and availability for your desired dates and group size.
Please also be sure to check the minimum age policies for each individual property listing as some units are not available to younger guests.
Whistler Hostel Accommodation - Pros & Cons
- Meet new people. Hostels are great place to make new friends from around the world.
- Get advice. Hostel staff are often able to suggest activities, transportation options etc.
- Enjoy social outings. Some hostels may arrange group activities.
- Lack of privacy.
- Sketchy roommates that may walk off with your things.
- Large numbers of people or party people can be noisy.
- Usually at least 4 - 6 people sharing a single bathroom.
- Most Whistler hostels require a bus ride and some walking to access Village amenities and lifts.
- Some hostels have curfews or specific check-in times.
- Cramped spaces. Usually 4 - 6 people per room and one kitchen for the whole hostel.
- You usually have to bring your own bedding or rent from the hostel.
Private Whistler Accommodation Rental - Pros & Cons
- Spend a comfortable night in rather than blowing the bank going out every night. Get more spacious and comfortable common areas for socializing.
- Have hot water and clean dishes when you need them! Only share bathroom and kitchen facilities with other members of your own party.
- Come and go as you please knowing your stuff's safe. Secure coded or key entry to your own private suite is available at any time of the day or night.
- Enjoy Easy Access to Resort Amenities. The majority of private Whistler condo or home rentals are located within walking distance of lifts, shops, restaurants and grocery stores - some are even ski in/out!
- Chill out in a hot tub. Most Whistler rental properties feature amenities such as hot tubs or even swimming pools.
- Sleep soundly. Avoid the notorious all-night partiers at the hostel.
- Pack light. Bedding comes included, free of charge.
- Most Whistler rental properties will not accept single night or two night bookings like hostels.
- To match Whistler hostel costs you usually need at least 4 people in your group.
- No front desk service to help with activity or transportation planning.
- Many private Whistler rental properties have minimum age policies. Please make sure you and your group qualify to rent before placing a reservation.
Ready to Find Some Sweet Whistler Accommodation?
Learn more about all Whistler ski accommodation rentals or give our Whistler lodging search a whirl and see what gems you can uncover. Plug in your dates (or a date range and have us find you the best deal), number of people and get a list of rental options in seconds.
Looking for Other Whistler Blackcomb Resort Deals?
All alluraDirect.com Whistler guests are eligible to book Whistler lift tickets and gear rentals at a discount. Order prior to November 15 for the biggest savings.
Need transporation to Whistler or looking for other activities to do in-resort? Sign-up for our Whistler newsletter and get discounts on transportation, activities and services. You'll also get snow forecasts, resort information and tips!
Interested in Other Ski Resorts?
alluraDirect.com lists a variety of vacation rental properties in a number of ski resorts. Dodge the hostel wherever you go and stay comfortably and affordably with a direct vacation rental.