September 20, 2005
Greetings AlluraDirect.com Whistler Newsletter Subscriber!
Thanks for letting us into your busy mailbox and for reading our complete newsletter.
You won't be sorry that you did. This year's early booking incentives are delicious. Everything that you need to research, plan & book your Whistler vacation is enclosed, including specials details, your updated Consumer-Direct Whistler Discount Codes and local tips and links to make your vacation planning as easy and enjoyable as possible.
Rest, renew & rejoice in Whistler-Enjoy!
- Save 18%-35% on Whistler Lift Tickets for Any Season-Book by October 31, 2005
- Get a Free A Free Full Day Adult Ski/SnowBoard Lesson with Your Book by October 31 Lift Ticket
- Bonus Lodging Savings-Book by October 31, 2005
- Save 50% on Popular Kids, Youth & Adult Ski/Snowboard Programs-No Booking Deadline!
- Save 10% on all Whistler Heliskiing Tours-No Booking Deadline
- Consumer Direct Whistler Activities, Transportation & Services Discounts-Updated Secret Codes-No Booking Deadline
- Whistler Blackcomb Mountain Improvements-More Snow & More Fun for Families!
- 7-Unbeatable Ways to Get the Best Ski Vacation Value at Any Ski Resort!
- Comforting Guarantees & Advice that Help you When You Need it them Most
- Whistler Weather Tips & Resources
- AlluraDirect.com News & Updates-More Browsing & Booking Fun, Service & Confidence!
- Thanks for your Business & Support!
Extra Cheap Bonus Discount Whistler Lift Tickets are Now Available for ALL Seasons-Including (GASP!) Peak Season Dates
Get the Best Deal of the Year by Purchasing 5 or More Day Lift Tickets and/or Gear Rentals by October 31, 2005
We are not kidding; its not too good to be true-check it out for yourself!
Gear rentals are also priced to reward you for your advance booking.
All ski season deals for after October 31, PST will be relatively flacid by comparison because YOU are the most important customer on the planet for AlluraDirect.com & Whistler Blackcomb when you book your accommodation, lift ticket and gear rentals in advance.
No Wimpy Discounts or Annoying & Unfair Discount Black-Out Dates
Book by October 31 discounts range from 18%-35% per 5 or more day ticket and apply to all seasons, without exception.
Here are the sample savings on a 5 of 6 day lift ticket - Keep in mind that this is a 5 of 6 day pass example only. Bonus savings also apply to larger passes!:
- Nov. 24-Dec. 23: Save $118 CAD or 35% per ticket (vs the regular 20% discount when booked on AlluraDirect.com after Oct. 31).
- Dec. 24-Jan. 1: Save $68 CAD or 18% per ticket (vs no discount when booked on AlluraDirect.com after Oct. 31)
- Jan. 2-Jan. 27: Save $78 CAD or 23% per ticket (vs the regular 5% discount when booked on AlluraDirect.com after Oct. 31)
- Jan. 28-Apr. 2: Save $81 CAD or 23% per ticket (vs the regular 5% discount when booked on AlluraDirect.com after Oct. 31)
- Apr. 3-Apr. 23-Save $118 CAD or 35% per ticket (vs the regular 20% discount when booked on AlluraDirect.com after Oct. 31).
Book by October 31 Lift Tickets Also Include a Free Full Day Adult Ski/Snowboard Lesson - Discover Your Better Skiier/Rider Self!
Wait-it gets even better than just saving money!
Imagine leaving Whistler a better skiier/rider than the day you came!
Dance down the hill with grace & finesse from the first day you start skiing/riding, because you also get a FREE adult ski or snowboard group lesson on the first day of every single 5 or more day super cheap lift ticket booked by October 31.
Your free lesson must also be booked by October 31, PST. Booking instructions and the discount code will be on your lift ticket receipt.
Many owners are currently running their own Book by October 31 deals to add to your ticket savings.
Here are 2 great examples for January-mid February prices that are currently running Book by October 31 specials:
- 2 bedroom Whistler Village North home (ID340) with a common hot tub -$195 CAD/night + 7 % GST for a 5 night stay starting January 13, 2006.
- 2bed+loft slopeside Blackcomb Benchlands home (ID958) with a common hot tub and pool-$400 CAD/night + 7% GST for a 5 night stay starting Jan. 13, 2006.
Remember that GST is refundable for non-Canadian residents and, in contrast with most other Whistler rentals, owners do not charge the 10% non-refundable hotel tax, unless they own/manage more than 3 properties.
All lodging specials are easily visible & accessible by simply doing an accommodation search on AlluraDirect.com for your desired dates.
What if you Can't Book Discount Tickets & Lodging by October 31?
You will still save money-just not as much!
Are you starting to notice a pattern here?
Whistler Blackcomb is obsessed with improving your skiing/riding ability, one way or another!
Whistler Discount Discovery Days are back, bringing with them 50% savings on some of Whistler's top skiing/riding improvement programs like Ski/Ride Esprit, Super Group (semi-private lessons), 3 & 5 day Kids/Youth Camps, Women's Specialty Clinics & more:
To qualify, all of your lesson dates must fall within these inclusive dates.
- Opening Day-Dec 18, 2005
- Jan 16-Feb 12, 2006
- Feb 27-Mar 12, 2006.
Whistler Heliskiing has joined the AlluraDirect.com's Consumer-Direct Discount Guest Services program.
Instead of paying us money for referring your business, Whistler Heliskiing passes on 100% of our commission payment to YOU as a discount.
Save 10% on any Whistler Heliskiing tour by quoting your AlluraDirect.com newsletter subscriber customer code.
- Whistler Blackcomb has significantly beefed up their snowmaking infrastructure
- Whistler Mountain Family Zone has undergone massive improvements
Your past business and newsletter subscription makes you the most important customer on the planet to us!
As token of our deepest thanks for your past business and desire to remain connected to us, you receive 100% of our referral commissions to top Whistler activity and resort services partners, as consumer-direct discounts.
This year's list of partners include Whistler Heliskiing (10%), Ziptrek Eco-Tours (10% discount), Cougar Mountain Adventures (15% discount), Canadian Snowmobile (15% discount), Perimeter Bus (15%), Star Limousine (10%) and many more outstanding participating partners.
Claiming your reward is easy-here is how:
- Reserve in advance, by phoning our partner before you leave for your Whistler vacation, or book while in resort (contact details below).
- Confirm that you are an AlluraDirect.com guest and newsletter subscriber.
- Quote the partner-relevant Customer Code (see below).
- Print this dated web page within 4 weeks of your Whistler arrival & bring it with you (keep it in a safe place!)
- Present it to the Relevant Partner at Arrival:
- 1) Your most recent newsletter (it should have your name on it)
- 2) A printed copy of this dated web page
Here are our top tips for getting the best possible value at Whistler or any other ski resort.
Tip #1- Use the AlluraDirect.com Search Tool to Find the Best Value of the Season
Still in ski vacation research mode?
No matter where you are heading this winter, its worth spending a mere 5 minutes searching accommodation on AlluraDirect.com to do a price comparison check, even if it is to gauge value at other resorts.
Follow these simple instructions:
- Date Range-Enter a broad date range. Example: Find the best deal of the season, by entering Dec. 1, 2005-April 23, 2006. Find the best February deal by entering Feb. 1, 2006-Feb. 28, 2006, etc.
- Number of Nights: Enter the number of nights you want to stay. Example: Find the best 5 night January deal by entering Jan. 1, 2006-Jan.31 and 5 nights.
- Number of People, Beds & Size Category-Choose based on your group.
- Shocking Results! You will immediately get a report with options neatly arranged from least to most expensive per night. You can even send yourself a copy of the search results by email.
- Tax Tip-Remember that 7% GST is refundable to non-Canadian residents & that most owners, unlike rental managers, do not charge the non-refundable 10% hotel tax.
Tip#2-Start Skiing/Riding in a Cheaper Lift Ticket Season & Plan Vacation Dates Around Lift Ticket Seasonal Pricing Dates
The overall price of a lift ticket is determined by the seasonal price of the first day of skiing/riding.
Accommodation seasonal nighly rates generally mirror ticket pricing seasons.
What does that mean and how can it benefit you?
Plan your vacation dates around starting on a cheaper lift ticket seasonal pricing day-even if it is the last day of a particular season price.
This will often translate into huge lift ticket AND accommodation savings.
Lift Ticket Savings Example
To illustrate the point, let's say that you are spending Christmas in Whistler.
Assuming that you are wise, you will book your lift tickets by October 31, 2005 :)
If your 5 of 6 day lift ticket starts on December 23, it only costs you $217 CAD-and you get to ski/ride through to Dec. 27.
In contrast, if your 5 of 6 day lift ticket starts on December 24, it costs you $292 CAD-an extra $75!
Starting 1 day earlier in this case, will save you $75/per lift ticket (per person).
It works the same way with accommodation.
Starting 1 day earlier for a Christmas vacation in this example, will also save you a bundle on accommodation.
For example, if you were staying in http:// www.alluradirect.com/1 and arrived on Dec 21, instead of Dec. 22 for a 6 night stay, you would save $500 CAD!
What does this Mean for You?
If you can, plan your vacation dates by ticket pricing dates or specials.
Moving your vacation dates 1-2 days backward or forward can often save you hundreds of dollars on either ticket or accommodation-or better yet, both!
Tip#3-Book Whistler Vacations on AlluraDirect.com by October 31, 2005
If you can, book early for the best deals.
Tip#4-Plan your Vacation Around Whistler Discount Discovery Days or Other Resort Promotions
For the best ski school value, try to set your vacation dates within Whistler Discount Discovery Day date ranges, or, if you are going to another resort, seek out ticket or ski school deals dates, and plan around them.
Tips#5-Get More Value by Staying a Little Further Away
If you are on a budget, staying a little further away has many rewards, other than a lower nightly rate.
Being less than a 10 minute walk to the lifts, rather than in a ski-in/out location will sometimes get you more square feet, amenities and comfort for less or the same money, as a slopeside property.
Moreover, most resorts have excellent free shuttle services and if you are renting gear , you can usually store your gear overnight at the base, so that you do not have to carry it around.
Don't rule out properties within a free shuttle or 10 minute walk-they are equally fantastic!
Tips#6-Stay on the Newsletter Program and Use the Consumer Direct Guest Services Program for Best Value & Service
Why on earth would you pay full price when you do not have to?
Please accept our gift of gratitude for your past business & continued subscription by paying wholesales prices for ground transportation, activities and more!
Take advantage of the consumer-direct discount program. It is free, easy and delivers amazing value and service directly from local Whistler residents.
Stay on the newsletter program and get 10-15% off Whistler's best activities, ground transportation and resort services!
Tip #7-Take the Time to Research Flights
We have recently noticed that booking with airlines directly can save you some money.
While Travelocity.com, Expedia.com and CheapTickets.com offer excellent research and comparison tools, it is also definitely worth checking airline prices directly.
No one has a crystal ball, however, Whistler Blackcomb's historical alpine weather stats, confirm that last season's 4 week weather blip was extreme and highly unusual.
Here are some great links to view Whistler and other ski resort weather forecasts, conditions & predictions to help you make the most informed decision that you can.
When reading the forecasts, consider the following elevation benchmarks, and remember that rain on the coast generally means lots of snow in the mountains and especially in the alpine, where temperatures are significantly cooler.
- 7th Heaven-2240 m
- Rendezvous-1860 m
- Roundhouse-1835 m
- Catskinner Chair-1550 m *
What are your options if your plans change at the last minute?
Booking ahead should reward you and not penalize you if something goes wrong.
Here are some guarantees and advice to help you cover your bases:
Discount Lift Ticket Cancellations
- Cancellations with 5 Business Day Notice-All lift tickets come with a 5 business day notice, no-hassle, no-questions-asked, the dog-ate-my-vacation easy & friendly 100% money back guarantee.
- Last Minute Cancellations-If you cancel your vacation with less than 5 business days notice and do not pick up your lift tickets, you will similarly get a full refund, providing that we can recover your printed tickets at the pick-up location. Your refund may simply take a little longer as we work to recover your tickets.
- Bad Weather-If on any given day, Whistler Blackcomb lowers the ticket window price below what you paid, you will get a differential refund for that day.
- Injury or Illness-You will get a refund with a doctor's or ski patroller's note.
Ski School Cancellations
- If your plans change, you can cancel up to 24 hours prior to your lesson with a $25.00 + tax cancellation fee. The cancellation fee may be waived depending on the specific circumstances.
- Lessons are also transferrable up to 1 hour before lesson time.
Gear Rental Cancellations
- You can cancel your order up to your pick-up day-a $25 .00 + tax cancellation fee will be applied. The cancellation fee may be waived depending on the specific circumstances.
Accommodation & Airline Cancellations
Every owner and airline has their own policy, however, luckily, travel insurance can help you out. Here are some of our favorite tips:
- Check Your Credit Card Trip Cancellation Insurance Options-Most cards offer cost- effective trip cancellation insurance services that most people never use! Check your card holder services options & always buy trip cancellation insurance-it is worth it.
- Buy Trip Cancellation Insurance Online-Try sites like . They have great rates and options.
- Check Accommodation Cancellation & Weather Guarantee Policies-Many owners on AlluraDirect.com are now offering snow and weather guarantees, as well as relaxed cancellation policies. Always check cancellation policies and make sure that you have them in writing.
- Book your Airfare on Points- Cancelling your points flights have minimal penalties.
- Be Careful about All-Inclusive or Bundled Packages-These are the hardest and most costly vacations to cancel or change.
Improved & Extended Customer Support
To serve you when you need us the most, AlluraDirect.com's live customer support hours now extend to 11 PM PST daily, including statutory holidays.
Live, Instantly Guaranteed Reservations
To save you time, over 70% of owners listed on AlluraDirect.com now accept instantly confirmed, guaranteed online reservations with credit card payment.
Improved Ski & Snowboard School Booking Process
Expedite your Ski & Snowboard School booking & program changes through a new, easy breezy and painless booking process!
Thanks for your past business on AlluraDirect.com.
Your business volume by booking your lodging, tickets and rentals directly through our site, and by using AlluraDirect.com customer codes for ski school and with our consumer-direct discount guest services partners helps us continually improve our directory and to negotiate better value for you, with our valued partners.
Thanks for your attention to this alert, and please let let us know how we can assist you further!
Wishing you a great vacation.
At your service,
President & Founder
AlluraDirect.com Vacation Rentals by Owner at Whistler