Whistler News, Tips & Updates October 6, 2005
Thanks for spending some of your valuable personal time reading today's newsletter.
For your uninterrupted reading & learning pleasure, today's edition contains no annoying paid advertisements, pop-ups or unsubstantiated hype-just facts, tips & stuff that makes you feel good.
- Its Snowing in Whistler!
- Save Money on Accommodations, Discount Lift Tickets, Gear Rentals & Snow School
- Buy Super Cheap Discount Lift Tickets by October 31 & Help Vancouver Street Youth
- Whistler Tubing Park Opens December 16, 2005 on Blackcomb Mountain
- The Peak to Peak Gondola-A New 30 Passenger Gondola to Take you from the Top of Whistler to the Top of Blackcomb in 10 Minutes by 2007.
- Whistler Keeps Scratching the Ground for a Full Service, Local Airport
- Ground Transportation Tips to Get you from There to Here the Fun Way
- How Does Warren Miller See the Ski Industry's Future?
- Updated Consumer-Direct Discount Codes-The Secret Subscriber URL
- How to Stay on the Whistler News, Tips & Updates Newsletter
- Wrap Up
- Useful Links List
Taken together with more snowmaking power than ever, Whistler Blackcomb is gearing up for a great winter season, blessed with early snow accumulation.
Scary Whistler Deals-Save on Accommodations, Discount Lift Tickets, Gear Rentals & Ski/Snowboard School
Here is a brief summary of current Whistler deals and promotions:
Book by October 31 Accommodation, Discount Lift Tickets & Gear Rental Deals-Get Free Adult Ski/Snowboard Lessons!
Its hard to believe, but Whistler Blackcomb has some of the cheapest ticket prices among larger BC ski resorts this season...even cheaper than that resort claiming to be "big and white"!
Don't wait around for last minute Whistler deals, because Whistler Blackcomb has decided that those who book their vacations early are the most important customers of all.
As the crowned Queens and Kings of Whistler guests, you will be rewarded with the best deals when you book accommodations, buy discount lift tickets and gear rentals (if you need them) by October 31, 2005 Pacific Standard Time (PST).
You could ski or ride through the Christmas holidays for as little as $44 CAD per day+ 7% GST.
Can't book by October 31. 2005?
You will still get everyday consumer-direct accommodation deals, and regular discount lift ticket, gear rental and ski school savings on AlluraDirect.com-you just will not save as much as you would have had you booked early.
Book by October 31 Accommodation Deals
Many owners are running their own book by October 31, 2005 accommodation specials.
View properties and prices neatly ordered for your browsing pleasure from least to most expensive per night, by doing an accommodation quick search on AlluraDirect.com.
When shopping around and comparing prices, remember that most owners do not charge the 10% non-refundable hotel tax, unless they own more than 3 properties.
Here are some sample AlluraDirect.com prices for a 5 night stay starting Feb. 17, 2006:
- 2 bedroom Whistler Village North-Sleeps 6 (ID# 963): $269 CAD/night
- 2 bedroom+loft Creekside Gondola Base-Sleeps 8 (ID# 911): $289 CAD/night
- 3 bedroom Blackcomb Benchlands-Sleeps 8 (ID# 291): $350 CAD/night
* Remember that availability changes by the minute. At the time of sending this newsletter, the homes cited above were still available.
Book by October 31 Discount Lift Ticket Deals-Save 18-35% for any Season Dates by Booking on AlluraDirect.com by October 31, 2005| Get Free Adult Ski/Snowboard Lessons!
Book discount lift tickets by October 31, and all 5 or more day lift tickets (meaning 5 day, 6 day, 7 day and more tickets) are 18-35% off (as opposed to only 0-20% off) without any skanky blackout ticket discount dates, like Christmas and New Years.
You also get a free full day adult ski/snowboard lesson for every 5 or more day adult lift pass purchased (some lesson blackout days apply). Free lesson booking instructions will be in your discount lift ticket receipt.
Here are the sample savings off the ticket window price for an adult 6 of 7 day adult ticket:
- Nov 24-Dec 23: Save $128 CAD (and get a free ski/board lesson)
- Dec 24-Jan 1: Save $66 CAD (and get a free ski/board lesson)
- Jan 2-April 2: Save $79 CAD (and get a free ski/board lesson)
- April 2-23: Save $128 CAD (and get a free ski/board lesson)
Book by October 31 Gear Rental Deals
Book a 5 or more day gear rental by October 31 and similarly benefit from excellent bonus discounts.
Here is the sample pricing for 6 of 7 day adult high performance gear rental:
- Skis or Board Only: $115 CAD for 6 days (Save $20)
- Boots and Skis or Board: $160 CAD for 6 days (Save $32)
Benefits to using rental gear include:
- Free overnight storage at the base-don't lug your gear around!
- Improve faster & ski & ride better-effortlessly turn on a dime with the latest technology
- Free & easy gear changes-try different skis and boards to find the one that you like the best!
- Early retrieval-pick-up your gear as early as 4 pm the night before your first day to get an early start on the slopes.
Save 50% on Kids, Youth & Adult Snow School Programs-No Booking Deadlines
You can save 50% on popular kids, youth and adult ski and snowboard school programs by coming to Whistler during one of these 11 weeks of the season:
- Opening Day-December 18, 2005 inclusive
- January 16, 2006-February 12, 2006 inclusive
- February 27 , 2006-March 12, 2006 inclusive
Value & Cash Flow Tip: For maximum savings, plan your trip around these dates. Make sure that you book your accommodation and super cheap Whistler lift tickets by October 31. You can book your lesson deals after October 31!
The scariest home for too many kids this Halloween and all year long, is the street.
AlluraDirect.com is committed to hiring and mentoring youth who are putting themselves through school, and to helping get kids in distress, off the streets.
For every discount lift ticket purchased on AlluraDirect.com by October 31, 2005, I will donate $2.00 to Covenant House, one of North America's largest, privately funded organizations dedicated to helping youth get off the street and into the extraordinary lives that they were intended for.
We will keep you all posted on our fundraising progress this month!
Whistler's newest exciting outdoor on-mountain activity arrives on December 16th!
Where Will it Be?
The Tube Park will be located on the stretch between the bottom of Green Line ski run, parallel to Lot #8, at the same elevation as the Super Night Pipe.
Operating Hours and Dates
- Open: December 16 2005-March 31, 2006
- Sunday-Wednesday: 10:00 am-8:00 pm
- Thursday-Saturdays: 10:00 am-8:00 pm
- Holidays: 10:00 am-8:00 pm
Stats & Facts
- 1000 feet/305 meters long
- 6-8 lanes with varying difficulty
- Guests will be uplifted via a brand new tupe-friendly magic carpet
- Area will include Guest Relations, washrooms, kids play area, spectator area, snack bar and fire pit.
Tube Park Access
- Access will be via the Excalibur Gondola
Who Should Try Tubing?
Anyone who wants to have a really good time!
For 2 Hours of Fun:
- Adult: $24.00
- Youth/Senior: $19.00
- Child: $14.00
The Peak to Peak Gondola-A New 30 Passenger Gondola will Take you from the Top of Whistler to the Top of Blackcomb in 10 Minutes by 2007
Whistler-Blackcomb recently submitted an application to build a gondola from Whistler's Roundhouse to Blackcomb's Rendezvous. The estimated cost is $40 million-$50 million dollars.
The new lift will break 3 world records:
- longest stretch of free-span cable at 2.9 kms
- highest vertical drop at 415m
- longest continual lift system in the world
Stretching almost four and a half kms across Fitzsimmons Creek valley, the views promise to be spectacular.
The estimated riding time cross from one summit to the other will be 10 minutes.
If approved, the new lift will be open for the 2007/2008 ski season.
Many Whistlerites believe that better resort access will improve visitation.
Talk of an airport capable of handling 737 jets has been brewing and humming for years.
Pemberton already has an airport, but many Whistlerites want to see a larger airport within municipal boundaries in the Brandywine Falls area.
Recently, RMOW officials voted on a course of action, which officially brought the issue to forefront of Whistler life.
Speaking of getting here...
The drive to Whistler from Vancouver has been voted among the world's most beautiful drives by many publications, including Porche magazine.
We think that it is a shame to miss it. It is part of the experience. You can even get 4 snow and weather reports per hour!
Recent massive highway improvements in preparation for the 2010 Olympics has made the highway safer, wider, straighter and easier-without compromising its magnificent views.
As result, trip times are reduced.
Here are tips on how to get to Whistler from Vancouver:
We now recommend that you book directly with car rental companies. Use the following tips:
- Check online prices, but ALSO call them directly. Sometimes the prices are different, and..er..better when you call and talk to someone who really wants to make the sale :)
- Book 4x4 vehicles EARLY (like as soon as you confirm flights). BC car rental companies sell out of heavy winter vehicles quickly. You don't have to pay until you arrive, so there is no harm in reserving.
- Save money by doing a 1-way rental to get you there, only. Both Budget and Avis have offices located in Whistler and offer 1 way rentals.
Check Out Chartered Limousines & Vans-They are Cheaper than you Think!
What we like about this option is that you get a DRIVER.
That means that you can avoid the stress of driving after a long flight. Your vacation starts the second you touch down. From that point on, you can sit back and let someone else do the work, while you enjoy the scenery.
You also get driven right to your door!
No schedules, no lines to pick up your car or time spent waiting for the bus.
The best part? It is actually affordable on a per person basis. Once you factor in the intangibles-like how easy, fun relaxing and efficient it is, it is almost a no-brainer.
Get a 10% discount from our partner, Star Limousine. They pass on 100% of our referral commissions, to you as discounts as our thanks for your business on AlluraDirect.com.
Take the Bus from Vancouver Airport
Is the bus the best option for you?
Get a 15% consumer-direct discount from our partner Perimeter Whistler Express. For many singles and couples, it is a great option.
Perimeter has scheduled hourly trips to and from Whistler.
One of the most interesting ski industry articles I have read recently is a candid interview with skiing movie legend, Warren Miller.
He has some interesting comments and predictions for the future of skiiing/riding, and what resorts must do to keep the sport vibrant and alive.
Some would even call his comments controversial....
Get consumer-direct discounts on transportation, heliskiing, activities, services and more using your AlluraDirect.com discount codes. View codes, booking instructions and more at the Secret Subscriber URL.
Why is it called the Secret Subscriber URL?
Because your identity and information is kept secret from unrelated third parties. The URL also changes monthly and is only available to you, our valued newsletter subscribers.
How come you get a discount?
Our partners pass on 100% of our referral commissions, on to you as savings.
Its our way of saying THANKS! for your support and business.
Stay on the newsletter list to get Whistler updates, tips and news.
You also need to present a printed Secret Subscriber web page that is no more than 1 month old, to our partners once you get to the resort, to qualify for your consumer-direct discount.
If your email address changes simply enter your OLD address into any Whistler subscription box on AlluraDirect.com and remove your old address, then re-subscribe your new address.
Thanks for your continued readership!
Your next issue will review some owner-direct booking tips, summarize ideas for great Whistler activities for kids and teens, let you in on a local secret concerning an amazing, but hidden restaurant, bring you up to date on some fascinating new North American ski resort developments (who says the sport is dead?) and if there is time, share with you a really interesting fact about about snowmaking and its suprising environnmental impact.
Until then, start avoiding elevators and escalators and begin taking the stairs in preparation for your winter ski vacation!
If there is anything we can do to assist you, please let us know. Our web site is open 24/7. We have real person customer support until 11 pm PST daily, including weekends and statutory holidays for your convenience and vacation planning enjoyment.
At your Service!
Sue Chappel & the AlluraDirect.com Staff
Your Personal Whistler Guest Relations, Tips & Vacation Value Research Team!