Each owner is distinct in terms of their policies and procedures. Outlined below are some of the typical processes and policies that you will encounter on alluraDirect.com.
Owners Responding to General Inquiries or Reservation Requests
- It usually takes owners 1-36 hours to respond, depending on the time zone differences.
- If you do not hear back from an owner within 48 hours, please follow up with an additional e-mail or phone call.
- If you choose to rent another property, please let the first owner know!
Typical Payment Policies
Credit Card Payments-The majority of alluraDirect's owner-clients take online credit card payments by Visa or Mastercard.
Other Payment Methods-Owners who do not take credit card payments will request payment by bank transfer, personal cheque in the currency of your choice, money order or cash.
Reservation Deposits-Most owners require a 25% reservation deposit. If the reservation is made within their balance of payment due date, the owner will request that total payment be made at the time of booking.
Deposit Due Dates-Deposits are typically due immediately or very soon after reservation acceptance for owners who accept credit payments, and 10 days for owners who do not take credit card payments.
Balance of Payment-Most owners require a balance of payment 45 days prior to arrival.
Refunds/Cancellations-All payments are typically non-refundable. If an owner does issue you a refund, they will generally send you a cheque and there is a 4% cancellation/refund fee. If you cancel the booking, most owners will refund you for whatever portion of the booking they were able to replace, at the re-booked rate.
Make sure that you have complete documentation relating to the reservation prior to making any payments, and payment confirmation documentation after you have made each payment.
Guest Stay Agreements
Some owners require signed and dated guest stay agreements, whereas others do not.
- In most cases, deposits are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Final payments are refunded for the portion of the reservation that got re-booked, at the re-booked rate.
- Refunds are issued by personal cheque, and are usually subject to a 4% refund fee.
- Most owners will issue a single warning relating to a late payment.
- Failure to pay by the payment due date, usually results in cancellation of the reservation by the owner.
- Some owners charge damage deposits, whereas others do not.
- If an owner charges a damage deposit, they will typically request a personal cheque or money order, and cash the funds, even if the reservation is booked by credit card.
- Most owners will request that the damage deposit be paid with final payment. If they collect the funds by credit card, they will still refund you directly by cheque, money order or another direct method they arrange with you.
- GST is a 5% surtax on all goods and services consumed in Canada.
- Most property owners charge the GST in concordance with Canadian law.
- Most owners issue a final receipt upon final payment.
- Make sure that you receive all arrival, check-in, and property information/instructions BEFORE you leave your home!
- Most owners will send you instructions, access information and property information upon final payment.
- Some owners have personal meet and greet services, but the vast majority of them will send you a set of keys in the mail, or their door code access information via e-mail.