Whistler has announced its 2013 summer music festival line-up as part of its seasonal outdoor concert series that is funded from the provinces Resort Municipality Initiative (RMI). Whistler is receiving just over $7 million in RMI funding this year, with $2.84 million being put towards the Festivals Events and Animation (FE&A) program. The Festival Events and Animation program in Whistler is responsible for organizing the Whistler Presents free concert series that takes place on weekends throughout the summer in Whistler.
This year’s Whistler summer music festival line-up is headlined by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra, Matt Dusk, 54-40, and local Vancouver band, Hey Ocean. The free outdoor music festival will begin on June 29 in Whistler with Matt Dusk, followed by Saturday and Sunday performances until July 27. Whistler Presents will also have a Labour Day long weekend music festival, but the artists have yet to be announced. Whistler will also have a Canada Day Music Festival headlined by Canadian artist, Jeremy Fisher.
Whistler Presents Concert Series
- June 29 – Matt Dusk
- June 30 – 54-40
- July 1 – Ruckus Deluxe, Kalan Wi, Jeremy Fisher
- July 5 – The English Beat
- July 6 – The Strumbellas, The Trews
- July 13 (during the Children’s Arts Festival) – Ache Brazil
- July 14 (during the Children’s Arts Festival) – Ali Milner, The Lost Fingers
- July 26 – The Boom Booms, Hey Ocean!
- July 27 – Dessy Di Lauro, Maestro
- August 30 through September 1 – to be confirmed
Vancouver Symphony Orchestra Summer Performances
The Vancouver Symphony Orchestra will perform in Whistler on three separate weekends, including:
- July 16, 17 – Afternoon quartets/ quintets (3 concerts per day)
- July 19, 20 – Evening concerts
- July 21 – Afternoon concert
If you are looking for Whistler Summer accommodation and rentals, we hope you think about alluraDirect.com. We provide all sorts of incredible vacation properties and have great deals available.